6 little known techniques for extending your hairstyles
You know that exciting moment when you just got a new hairstyle, you are so happy, but then after some days your hairstyle gets messed up, and you start wondering is this the same beautiful hairstyle I made a few days ago? You are not alone on this; we have all been there before. So what can you do to make your hairstyles last longer and look beautiful always?
- Avoid over washing your hair. Although most girls think that washing their hair often will make their hairstyles last longer, but on the contrary, it doesn't make your hairstyle last longer, instead it aids in helping it get messy faster. Washing your hair too often strips it of its natural oil, and if your hair is colored it can speed up fading which means your hairstyle won't last long at all.
- Try the pineapple method. If you have a curly hair and you want to maintain your hair, the best thing is to do the pineapple method. And what exactly is the pineapple method for wrapping your hair? The pineapple is a loose, high ponytail on top of your head that helps prevents flattened curls, knots, and frizz that comes with lying on a pillow.
How to do the pineapple method
The pineapple should be a very loose ponytail, and you should not forget your satin cap.
- Bend all the way forward
- Gather all your curly hair on top of your head
- Slip an elastic band around the base of your ponytail as loosely as possible.
- Put on your satin cap.
- Don't use too much product on your hair. Using too much product on your hair can weigh your hair down. It can cause your curly hair to lose its shape and become oiler. So always remember to use little product on your hair.
- Use sulfate-free shampoo. If you are on a Brazilian blowout or keratin treatment, you surely will want your hair to stay straight and silky for as long as possible. Using regular shampoos will revert your hair to its natural state faster than normal. However, using sulfate-free shampoos will increase the lifespan of your treatment.
- Go for satin! Although most people don't understand the importance of satin, satin is very good in helping you protect the edges to the end of your hair. It is best to get a satin cap to cover your hair each night. But if you are someone who forgets about things easily, you should probably invest in a silk or satin pillowcase so your hair strands will be protected. Invest in investing in lots of products; you can also invest in a satin pillowcase and satin caps, your hair will surely thank you and reward you by staying beautiful always.
- Reduce heat styling. Yes I know we all love straight hair and silky curls, but you should know that heat styling comes with a price! Putting high heat on your hair will damage your hair no matter the protectant spray you use. So if you want to maintain your hairstyle without heat, you can use pin curling or foam curlers.