What your pillow isn’t telling you...
What your pillow isn’t telling you
Every night you go to bed and sleep softly on your cotton pillow hoping to get the good night dream. But wait, before you crash on that pillow, you should know some things. I know that you need your pillow to sleep blissfully, but these same pillows can cause damage to your hair and skin (yes, it can cause damage!). You must be wondering what exactly is happening and the dirty secrets your pillow kept from you.
How do pillows cause damage to your hair?
Sincerely, not all pillows cause damages to your hair, but certainly your cotton pillow cause damage to your hair. There is a subtle roughness to cotton which tends to create friction between your hair and the pillowcase. The bad thing about this friction is it can cause breakage which can cause some hair issues.
If you think that is all, read this. Cotton pillows strip the moisture from your hair making it frizzy and brittle, and you don’t want to wake up in the morning looking like a big mess.
So what do you do if you want to avoid this whole friction, breakage and frizzy hair stuff? You get a satin pillowcase or Bantu Coils Satin Lined hair turban
I am sure you must be wondering what exactly is a satin pillowcase or hair SLurban and why does it sound like something magical?
Here is why
You just got this new hairstyle, and you don’t want it to get ruined anytime soon, the best way to keep that hairstyle is to avoid using regular pillowcases and go for the irregular satin pillowcases or your hair SLurban.
Satin weave is very smooth which means your hair won’t get frizzy while sleeping on them. And unlike cotton pillows, silk/satin pillowcases don’t create any friction and reduces hair breakage.
Satin whether on a pillowcase or on your SLurban, are great at keeping your hairstyle. They do not suck out all the natural moisture your hair has. Silk pillowcases are not as cheap as satin pillowcases but, silk is more durable, and satin is easier to care for.
Why should you get a satin pillowcase?
- Unlike cotton pillowcase, satin pillowcases are very smooth, so they don’t cause hair breakage or friction.
- With satin pillowcases, your hair will feel softer and far less dry.
- Satin pillowcases help you avoid a face full of wrinkles over time
Why should you get a satin lined hair turban?
- If you have a curly hair and you don’t want your hairstyle to be ruined quickly, get yourself a satin lined turban (SLurban)
- If your hair is dry, just get yourself a satin lined turban because going to be with just a cotton pillowcase will age you.
- If your hair has suffered from a lot of styling which has made your hair vulnerable, it is best to use a satin lined hair turban than using a cotton pillowcase.
- If you have a fragile hair, just get yourself a satin lined turban.
However, if you are so in love with your cotton pillow and you don’t want to change it but you still something we can do. But it still deals with satin. It is called the satin lined hair turban or SLurban.
Covering your hair with the SLurban every night when you want to go to bed is the best way to maintain your beautiful hair. If you have a curly hair and you want to use the SLurban, you can use the pineapple method before covering it with the SLurban. That way you would be able to maintain your curls and sleep without being scared of what it would do to your hair.