5 ways to conquer hair frizz
Frizz is due to lack of moisture in your hair, but humidity can also contribute to it. Here is how frizz works; your hair loses moisture the day, so the outermost layer on your hair strands opens up and lets air in, creating a big frizzy mess. Girls with curly hair will understand the concept "Frizz" better.
So how exactly can you stop frizz and make your hair look very beautiful in the day or in the night.
- Never skip conditioners and Shampoos. Shampoos and conditioners should be in your squad if you want to keep your curly hair looking beautiful always. When choosing a shampoo, choose a sulfate free, glycerin-packed shampoo. It will help keep the hair moisturized and make sure your hair doesn't break. You should also look for a conditioner that contains glycerin, coconut oil, Shea butter, and other hydrating ingredients. Bantu Coils Hair butters can help with keeping your coils hydrated with all the butters your hair can handle.
- Use conditioner or co-wash on your hair weekly instead of shampoo. I am sure you are thinking that your hair has to be shampooed several times, but on the contrary, it doesn't. Opt for a conditioner or co-wash instead of regularly using a shampoo. Conditioners contains small amount of surfactants, so it will help clean your hair without stripping it of its natural hair.
- Make cream hydrators and diffusers your best friend. If you have a coarse, thick, and curly hair, your best friend should be cream hydrators and diffusers. After you have shampooed and conditioned your hair, apply a cream hydrator from the root to tip of your hair while it's still wet. Instead of rubbing the product in your hair, warm the product between your fingers and palm and squeeze onto your hair. Let your hair strands air dry, you can also use a diffuser on high heat, low speed to dry it.
- Never forget the satin cap when you are going to bed. The mistake most ladies make is sleeping without covering their hair. When you sleep without covering your hair, your cotton pillowcase will suck up all the moisture in your hair causing it to frizz. So, the best thing to do when going to bed is to wrap your hair up at night and wear your satin cap which will help retain your hair moisture, so you can wake up the next morning with your hair looking beautiful as ever. So always remember the satin cap! You really need them.
- Always carry a product along with you for touch-ups. This is the last I will be listing, but it is one of the most important steps you have to take note of. You have to always carry a product wherever you go for touch-ups. So anytime you see your hair getting frizzy, you just take the products and apply it and your hair is back to being beautiful! For thick curly hair, you should have a quick-drying forming wrap lotion handy because thick curly hair needs lots of moisture to keep it hydrated.